INVERELL HIGH VANDAL ATTACK
January 9, 2009 at 5:21 pm
Police are searching for vandals who damaged classrooms at Inverell High School.
Eight windows were smashed sometime between Wednesday afternoon and early yesterday morning.
The damage bill is expected to reach $4,000.
Despite the incident, the number of crimes committed at public schools in New South Wales has dropped 22 per cent this school holidays compared with last year.
The Minister for Education and Training, Verity Firth, says new security measures including an increase in patrols, have resulted in a decrease in illegal entry, vandalism and fire-lighting incidents.
You may also be interested in:
- GOSFORD PUBLIC TO RELOCATE
- NO SELL OFF AT FARRER
- LAND VALUE WORTH MORE THAN EDUCATION?
- VANDALS ATTACK SKATEPARK
- EDUCATION MINISTER VISITS ARMIDALE
- Monica commented on GALLERY: FIVE FLEE FIRE AT WICKHAM
- Christopher Clarke commented on MAN ESCAPES FROM BOOT AFTER ALLEGED ABDUCTION
- Christopher Clarke commented on GALLERY: FIVE FLEE FIRE AT WICKHAM
- Brooke commented on TELE WORK WEEK LAUNCHED
- gsmyth commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE