TAMWORTH HOSPITAL SLAMMED
November 23, 2008 at 4:13 pm
There’s good and bad news for locals on elective surgery waiting lists.
The latest report card on the state’s public hospitals identified Tamworth Base as one the worst performing regional facilities.
However, it shows there have been improvements on waiting times, with around 90 per cent of patients being treated within the recommended time.
Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour hospitals were also singled out for poor performances.
With budget blow outs, the state government has told the North Coast Area Health Service health service to shed 400 nursing and cleaning positions, and cut spending by $200-million over four years.
You may also be interested in:
- FIGHT CONTINUES TO SAVE HOSPITAL JOBS
- COFFS AND PORT WELCOME MEDICAL INTERNS
- CLEANERS CUT AT COFFS HOSPITAL
- COFFS BUDGET $1-MILLION IN THE RED
- BESSELING CALLS FOR EXTRA NURSES
- daughter commented on FATAL CRASH NEAR LOCHINVAR
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY