WEE WAA RALLIES FOR CANCER RESEARCH
October 31, 2008 at 3:28 pm
Around 500 people will throughout tonight in Wee Waa, to raise money for cancer research.
The town’s first Relay for Life has attracted 42 teams.
It’s the fourth walking fundraiser for the North West Cancer Council this year,
with Armidale, Moree and Tamworth holding similar events to raise money for research, support programs and vital services.
Hunter and North West Cancer Council General Manager, Christine Roach, said
” It’s about people being involved. It’s about celebrating survivorship and paying homage to those people we’ve lost as well.”
The Wee Waa Sporting Complex is hosting the event, which is expected to finish at two o’clock tomorrow afternoon.
You may also be interested in:
- FARRER HOSTS BIGGEST MORNING TEA
- BOILING CUPPAS FOR A GOOD CAUSE
- REGION PAINTED PINK
- 700 PEOPLE TO RELAY FOR CANCER
- JUPITERS HOST BIGGEST MORNING TEA
- Kathleen Sumpter commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY
- john hsrrison commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Jeff Hardyman commented on NEWCASTLE LORD MAYOR JOHN TATE RETIRES
- Dee cross commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Brant commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY