BHP NINE YEAR REUNION
September 27, 2008 at 4:10 pm
Nine years after its closure, former BHP workers are demanding the state government step in and clean up the Mayfield East site.
A few hundred of the former employees have come together for their nine year reunion.
They say it’s outrageous the site has been sitting idle all these years.
The workers are planning a major get together for next year’s 10th anniversary.
You may also be interested in:
- REUNION FOR WORKIES WORKERS
- BUILDEV STEELED FOR OLD BHP SITE
- STAFF FACE AXE OVER INSULATION SCHEME
- NEW STUDY FOR OLD GASWORKS SITE
- FRIENDSHIP GALVANISED: REUNION FOR ‘POMMY TOWN’ RESIDENTS