JURY FINDS MAN GUILTY OF MURDER
September 24, 2008 at 6:07 pm
After more than 10 hours of deliberation, a Newcastle Supreme Court jury has found a Hunter Valley man guilty of murder.
22-year-old Lukas Gleeson suffered multiple injuries on July 21 last year, when he was run over by a four wheel drive twice at Muswellbrook.
The jury found Michael Kutschera deliberately ran over Mr Gleeson, who was lying on a footpath in Sydney Street at about 3am.
25-year-old Kutschera had pleaded not guilty to the murder.
Earlier this afternoon the jury, made up of seven women and five men, told the Supreme Court Judge that they hadn’t reached a unanimous decision, but about an hour later they delivered the guilty verdict.
Michael Kutschera will be sentenced on October 30.
You may also be interested in:
- JURY FINDS WOMAN GUILTY OF MANSLAUGHTER
- NO TRIAL FOR THREE MEN CHARGED OVER BILAMBIL MURDER
- SCOTT O’HEIR FOUND GUILTY OF MURDER
- 28 YEARS FOR FRENZIED CENTRAL COAST MURDER
- FORMER LOVER PLEADS GUILTY TO MURDER