SUSPECTED MENINGOCOCCAL CASE
July 7, 2008 at 4:50 pm
A young woman is in a stable condition in a New England hospital with suspected meningococcal disease.
Antibiotics has been given to the woman’s close contacts as a precaution to prevent any spread of infection.
If confirmed to be meningococcal disease, it will be the second case of the life-threatening condition in the Hunter New England Health region this year.
You may also be interested in:
- NEW ENGLAND MENINGOCOCCAL CASE
- BABY BOY WITH MENINGOCOCCAL
- CHILD WITH SUSPECTED MENINGOCOCCAL
- FIRST CASE OF MENINGOCOCCAL FOR 2013
- WOMAN DIES FROM MENINGOCOCCAL IN HUNTER
- daughter commented on FATAL CRASH NEAR LOCHINVAR
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY