Home // Northern Rivers News // GAS EXPLOSION AT LISMORE TURF CLUB

GAS EXPLOSION AT LISMORE TURF CLUB

A man is in hospital with severe burns following a gas explosion in Lismore this morning.
Emergency services received a triple 0 call shortly after 8am this morning.
Witnesses described hearing a loud bang following by flames in the canteen of the Lismore Turf Club.
NSW Ambulance media said a man, believed to be in his 30s, was treated for significant burns to his legs, face, arms and head.
He initially transported to the Lismore Base Hospital, and transferred to a Brisbane hospital shortly after.
Police say early indications are that a gas leak caused the explosion.
Several fire crews, including Hazmat responded, extinguishing the blaze within half an hour.
text will be replaced

About NBN NEWS

avatar

Check Also

THOUSANDS FLOCK TO DAY #1 OF ‘SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS’

The weird, the wacky and the wonderful, there’s a bit of each on offer at …

MAN REFUSED BAIL OVER ALLEGED LAKE MACQUARIE CARJACKING

A man has been refused bail, after a pizza delivery driver’s vehicle was allegedly carjacked …

AUSTRALIA’S FIRST DIGITAL PET/CT CAMERA HERE IN HUNTER

Having a medical scan can be daunting at the best of times, but now the …

TWO MEN AIRLIFTED TO HOSPITAL FOLLOWING WOLLOMBI CRASH

Two men have been airlifted to Newcastle’s John Hunter Hospital after the car they were …